3 night sleep study package
3 night sleep study package
- Test for sleep apnoea remotely with a wearable device that’s sent to your home
- The device syncs with a smartphone app and is worn as you sleep
- Your sleep data is sent to our sleep experts for analysis
- Receive your diagnosis and full report within days
What is sleep apnoea?
Sleep apnoea is a disorder that causes you to repeatedly stop breathing as you sleep and affects an estimated 1.5 million people in the UK. When you stop breathing in your sleep, the body will wake you to restart your breathing, leading to very interrupted and poor-quality sleep. It sometimes, but not always, goes hand in hand with loud snoring and/or gasping, snorting or choking noises as you sleep.
Other signs that you might be suffering from sleep apnoea can include:
- Feeling very tired during the daytime
- Regularly waking with headaches
- Experiencing difficulty concentrating, feeling irritable or having mood swings
As the sleeper is usually unaware that their breathing is interrupted during the night, it’s often a partner or family member who first notices the problem. It’s estimated that up to 85% of UK sleep apnoea sufferers are undiagnosed, and therefore untreated.
Sleep apnoea can be very serious if it’s not diagnosed and treated effectively. It’s estimated that just 330,000 of the 1.5 million people with the condition are currently receiving treatment for sleep apnoea. It can potentially contribute to a number of different health conditions and issues, including:
- High blood pressure
- Heart problems, including heart failure and heart attacks
- Diabetes (Type 2)
- Accidents and incidents caused by lack of good-quality sleep
- It’s estimated that untreated sleep apnoea could result in a reduction of up to 20% in life expectancy and costs the NHS around £27m a year.
Treatment for sleep apnoea depends on the severity of the condition for the individual, but may involve lifestyle changes, a device worn in the mouth at night or a CPAP machine.
How Vitapulse Health test for sleep apnoea
The conventional way to test for sleep apnoea requires you to attend a specialist sleep clinic, where you have to stay overnight to be monitored. Some people often find this not only inconvenient, but also have trouble sleeping as they normally would in this kind of environment, which can mean they might need several repeat tests in order to successfully diagnose the sleep apnoea.
With Vitapulse Health, you can avoid lengthy waiting times because we send you the test equipment to use remotely in your own home, so you can follow your normal bedtime routine in the environment that you’re most comfortable in and relieve pressure on this area of the NHS. The testing equipment enables you to complete the sleep study over 1-10 nights in your home.
Our remote testing equipment is in line with appropriate diagnostic tests according to the American Academy of Sleep Apnoea (ASM). The advanced and unobtrusive sensor device is worn overnight and will track your sleep and breathing, syncing with an app on your phone each night to beam this data to our team of sleep disorder experts, who will diagnose if you have sleep apnoea and how severely you are being affected by the condition, usually within 24 hours of completion of the study.
All of the equipment and the app are compliant with data security regulations.
Testing for sleep apnoea with Vitapulse Health has just four simple steps:
- You select the sleep monitoring device on our site and complete your order
- The device is delivered to you at your home and our team will call you to ensure everything is set up correctly for accurate testing
- You wear the monitoring device overnight as you sleep, with the data being collected via the Nightowl app and sent to our specialist team. Once the study is completed, the sensor is yours to keep with 10 nights sleep study preloaded.
- Our sleep experts analyse the data and contact you (usually within 24 hours) with your diagnosis, also informing you about treatment options and what you can do next.